Saturday, November 6, 2010

A little bit of Brag

OK I had to take time today to blog about my SUPER SMART little girl...it's OK to brag once in awhile right????? . The surprises with her actually started when she was in kindergarten and her teacher told me that she was a candidate for gifted and talented. She told me that Paige is the only student she has had that started kindergarten already reading. How did this happen you ask...NO CLUE!!!! Then we moved on to the first grade where she was awarded the top honor for the entire 1st grade in Accelerated Reading!!!!! I was so proud. Lately though it has been a struggle with her. She is an 8 year old going on 25. She has a mind of her on which is really hard for me being the semi-controlling person I am. She is sassy with an attitude. This past week has been especially hard on our mother/ daughter relationship. She is just not the organized person that I am and that my 10 year old son is. So I was relieved this week when I had a parent teacher conference with her 2nd grade teacher. She told me that Paige was an excellent student with no behavior problem. She said that she scored above average on all her tests and that she believed she could go to the 3rd grade right now and do just fine. Once again all my frustrations with her melted away. She is a very special little girl and I pray God uses her in a powerful way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment