Wednesday, October 19, 2011

OK Diet, Here I Come...again!!!!

2010 was a very strange year for me. I was at my best and also at my worst. In March of 2010, I decided once and for all to lose some weight. My weight has always fluctuated 10 to 20 pounds up and down. I was at 150 lbs when I decided to lose weight last year. One of my BFF's and I committed to this together and by July 1, 2010, I weighed 120 lbs and felt wonderful...

Here we are is South Padre when I was at my smallest. My little girl is so crazy!!!

How did we do it???? It was not easy, we committed to a 1200 calorie diet and the P90X workout. Oh look at my arms in that picture. P90x was the most amazing workout I have ever done and I actually loved it and I normally hate working out. I have always been a rather starve than workout kinda girl. The only problem is once you start it you can't really stop. Like I said before I was at my best in 2010 but also my worst because by October I had gained every pound back!!!!

WOW look at the difference in my boobs!!! What happened??? Well 3 things actually...#1 we went on vacation for 3 weeks, #2 I quit working out, and #3 my dirty little secret, I quit taking phentermine, which is a prescription drug that gives energy and suppresses appetite. I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT!!! Too many side affects for me...moodiness & trouble breathing being the 2 main ones that I experienced, plus when you get off of it, and you have to get off of it as it is only safe for short term use, you are more than likely to gain the weight back anyway.

So that brings me to where I am now, up to 153.5 lbs...and I am feeling it. I went out of town this past weekend for work and being 4 women we shopped all the way there and all the way home. I LOVE SHOPPING. None of my friends like to go with because I wear them out. During our shopping journey this weekend, I was surprised to find out I could barely keep up!!!! My knees, my feet and my back were hurting. All a product of my weight gain!!! So I decided this Monday enough was enough!!! Of course I have decided this several other times too. So on Monday I committed again and I plan to write about it to keep myself  accountable. The whole world doesn't want to read about how I failed so here I go...

DAY ONE 153.5 lbs
While we were on our trip this weekend, we ran across a lady and I over heard her conversation with one of the ladies I was with about losing 5 lbs in one day. I immediately turned all of my attention to her and said I have got to hear this. She said it is very simple. You drink lemon water all day and that is it. Then in the evening you have a steak, as big as you want, and an apple. She swears by the lemon water as well. She said to try to drink a gallon a day. Not only is this for weight loss but also cleansing. So day one I drank my lemon water all day long. I was expecting to be very weak and light headed by the end of the day but I felt exceptionally well. I had my steak and apple and felt very fulfilled. Our church team had a volleyball game so I got a little bit of a workout also. So did it work???

DAY TWO 151.6 lbs 
OK not quite 5lbs but still it is a good start!!! I was a little weaker today but stuck to my water all day. Water is truly miraculous and so many people don't see that. I had my steak and apple plus I did a little yoga.  Very little...as in 5 minutes!!! Despite the slight weakness I still feel really good. Sure have been in the bathroom a lot.

DAY THREE 149.2 lbs
Hip Hip Hooray I am in the 140's. Due to my hypoglycemia, I had to have yogurt for breakfast this morning but I am going to try to push through the rest of the day with just my water, steak and apple. I have also been reading the 17 day diet book by Dr. Moreno www.amazon.com/17-Day-Diet-Doctors-​Designed/dp/1451648650 which I plan to incorporate starting next week!!!!

Wish me luck!!! Skinny here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment