Sunday, November 21, 2010

Will Cotton Season Ever Be Over???????

I have been sick now for going on 3 weeks. It is killing me because I have sooooo much I need to do. I RARELY get sick so I am attributing all of this to the cotton being stripped. I don't think that I have completed a single thing in over a month. I have piddled here and there because I just can't sit still, so I do as much as my body is allowing at one time. I did almost finish a small remodel on my dinning area.

Here are the before pictures

The color on the walls is the first thing to go...I have painted all of the wood trim in the rest of my house...this room contained the last of it.


The Campbell's Soup stuff came from my Grandmother's house when she passed away. My whole kitchen is decorated with it. I think it is cute stuff but I was tired of so much of it so I wanted to tone it down.

My husband was thrilled for this to be removed. It hangs down in the center of the room...not even over the table, resulting in taller people running into it...mainly my husband. Me being only 5' tall never had that problem but I didn't care for the way it looked.


And here is what I have done so far:



 The wall color is Luminous from Wal-mart and the trim is cashmere white from Kilz.

 I took down the quilt shelf and hung an antique door frame topper. I hung the same curtains back up but I am still trying to decide if they match.
 Yeah the ugly light has been replaced with a very simple light fixture.

 I painted this wall the same color as the living room because it connects...Brass tack from Wal-mart.


I had to incorporate 2 things that I saw on my 2 FAVORITE blogs:

 This is a sheet music wreath that I saw on Miss Mustard Seed Creations.

And this is a family rules canvas that I saw featured on The Pleated Poppy. This took forever to make, but so worth it...I love this idea!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment