Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas ornament tutorial

I wanted a whole new look this year for Christmas. We have had the same thing since we got married almost 12 years ago so it was definitely time. I saw an ornament like this one at K-mart and decided I was going to make some of these. It was very simple and I think it added a lot to my tree.



Supplies:
several different ribbons (I bought a yard of each and split into 4)
ric rac
buttons
hot glue gun
 I first laid out a thin ribbon and started stacking my different ribbons on top.


 Then you tie it as tight as possible in the middle of the stack of ribbon.

 Then I tied it into a loop at the top to make a hanger.

 Then, with another piece of the thin ribbon, I tied another one about an inch from the top.

 Next I hot glued buttons on the bottoms of some of the ribbon.

 And here it is hanging on my tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment