Friday, July 4, 2014

Pinterest Project Success

So last night, around 10:00pm, I realize that Paige has NOTHING to wear for her performance in the park today!!! No worries though, this is nothing a quick late night trip to the local Walmart won't fix!! right???!!! WRONG!!!...Walmart has NOTHING!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!! NO 4th of July outfits!!! It's ok I get out my phone and search Pinterest for a quick idea to do in the wee hours of the night and this is what I come across...


simply enough right???

Well guess what???...Walmart has NO CUTE BLUE RIBBON!!! Don't know why I'm surprised, this is not unusual for out Walmart to not have something.

So I had to settle for this...


Finally by the time we get home it is 11. I whip out my supplies and get prepared to get r done!! Here is what I used..,


A cute white shirt we found at Walmart for about $5.00

The ugly blue ribbon

Red rik-rak

Iridescent glitter

Rhinestones

Heat N Bond

First I laid the white shirt flat and cut my ric-rac the length I wanted it, don't worry about getting it perfectly straight yet. I cut  6 strips. I laid them down in a straight line on a white piece of paper and ironed a rectangle of heat and bond on the top, it will stick to the paper but pulls off easily. Now is the time to trim it up to make it straight. Peel back off of heat and bond square leaving a square of adhesive with red stripes. Place square onto middle of white shirt.

Cover with a piece of paper and iron. 


Peel paper off and sprinkle glitter on the hot adhesive.


I made a bow out of the blue ribbon, then hot glued rhinestones to make it cuter!!




Then I glued the bow onto the shirt...



Ta Da!!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment